Enjoy the history and surroundings at Creve Coeur Lake Memorial Park located in Maryland Heights, MO. Creve Coeur Park was donated to St. Louis County in 1945 becoming the first established park. The heritage of Creve Coeur Park dates back to French settlers and means “broken heart”. The brick building located in the upper level of the park was originally a booster station for the city’s electricity that powered streetcars, visitors can see the original rail ties located by the maintenance building where streetcars entered and exited the park.
Creve Coeur Park stretches across 2,114 acres and is the largest park in St. Louis County. The park is large enough to accommodate almost any event, with a wide range of activities including a 320- acre lake, nature trails, shelters available to reserve, modern restrooms, playgrounds & coming soon a new zip line adventure. Creve Coeur Park is the perfect gathering place.
Park Facilities include:
- 6-Shelters: All available to reserve by calling 314-615-4FUN
- Greensfelder Memorial Shelter for up to 125 people.
- Tremayne Shelter (lake view) for up to 125 people.
- George Heldman Shelter (lake view & across from sand beach) for up to 100 people.
- Taco Bell Shelter (lake view) for up to 80 people.
- 2 Corporate Picnic Sites.
- 6 Non-reservable picnic sites.
- 7 modern restrooms
- 4 playgrounds & 2 spray pools throughout the park
- 2 tennis courts
- 1.9 miles of trail within the park, including a 6-mile walking path.
- Athletic fields include 2 ball fields, 8 soccer fields, Frisbeedisc golf course, sand volleyball, and horseshoe pits. Reservations required for tournament play, please call 314-615-4FUN.
- Fishing is allowed
- Coming soon a zip line adventure that will have you flying through the trees of Creve Coeur Park using harnesses and pulleys.
Don’t forget that Maryland Heights is home to 21 Hotels and able to accommodate all your needs. Contact the Maryland Heights Convention & Visitor’s Bureau to assist with overnight accommodations at 314-548-6052 or visit our website at more2do.wpstagecoach.com.